Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Who's On Your Mind?



I woke in the morning, full of negative thoughts about my husband:

Because of him, this is a mess. 
Because of his selfish decisions, the boys and I are forced to do this.

On and on those negative thoughts churned in my head. Thankfully I caught myself pretty quickly and switched my thoughts to something more productive. 

Not long after that, I saw the above tweet come across my feed. It really made me think. 

"If you can't get someone off your mind--pray for them--you may be the only one that cares enough to do so."

It was as if God tapped me on the shoulder, saying, "Remember how I asked you to pray for those who persecute you?"

Ugh.

And so I stopped what I was doing and prayed for my husband. Then I showed it to my sons and asked them to do the same.

Who cares enough about my husband, their father, to pray for him? The people he's surrounding himself with these days? It seems unlikely. 

He can walk away from our family. He can reject our marriage vows. But he can't refuse our prayers for him. He's powerless to stop them.

Whoever has caused you pain, whoever has rejected you, whoever has made you feel like yesterday's trash, I'll bet they're on your mind a lot. 

Would you consider praying for them? As the tweet suggests, you may be the only person who cares enough to do so. 

Until next time...

No comments: