Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Fear Not



Fear and worry sometimes come at me like a flash flood--an enormous wall of water with branches, rocks, and debris threatening to knock me off my feet and drown me. 

It may sound dark and melodramatic to the person who's never experienced this type of season in their lives. But if you've been through a painful season like this--or if you're in it now--you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

This morning I woke with heavy feelings of fear. That wall of water was barreling toward me, gaining momentum with every passing thought. 

Fear and worry are formidable enemies that threaten to take me down every single day.

How do we overcome fear? With faith. There's no other way. I truly don't know how people go through dark seasons in their lives without it.

As fearful thoughts raced through my head, I was reminded to ground myself back in my faith. To look up for my answers, not at my circumstances, because my circumstances appear bleak and can be all-consuming.

So, I opened up my devotionals and apps that I usually read to inspire me and strengthen me. And here's what I saw:




It was a clear message: Do not fear!

If you're going through a painful season, or if you're filled with fear and worry, I encourage you to read these over and over again. Line by line. Word by word. God provides rest for the weary. He is our refuge in a storm. He wants us to fear not.

Until next time...



No comments: