Wednesday, September 6, 2017

You Are Not Alone


I'll never forget the moment. It was shortly after my husband had left our home. I was still reeling from shock, anger, bitterness, and insecurity. 

My sons and I attended church together that morning. Even though I was surrounded by people, and even though my sons book-ended me with loving protection despite their own pain, I felt so alone.

As the worship team began singing the following words, an overwhelming feeling of love washed over me. I wept, and wept, and wept right there in church.

Every single word in these lyrics spoke to me. This is me. This is my life. And I am not alone. 

If you're going through a difficult season in your life and you're feeling all alone, I urge you to listen to this song. 

Close your eyes. Savor every single reassuring word. Let the message comfort you. Then listen to it again.


When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You
Lord, You fight my every battle
And I will not fear

You amaze me
Redeem me
You call me as Your own

You're my strength
You're my defender
You're my refuge in the storm
Through these trials
You've always been faithful

You bring healing to my soul

Until next time...



1 comment:

Leslie S. Rose said...

That is so beautiful. I'll definitely be keeping this close by.