Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Something New



On New Year's morning, I woke up to the following verse:


For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. -- Isaiah 43:19

What a perfect way to begin the new year. I read that verse over and over again, truly allowing it to seep into my soul. Each time I read it, something new came to the surface. As I broke it down piece by piece, here's how it encouraged me:

For I--it's not me who's doing something new. God is at work. He's cooking up something. For me, it's a daily task to take my hands off the wheel, and realize I'm not in control. Once I remember this, I'm at peace again.

Something new--not the old. Not the same old junk. Something new. Something fresh. Something that lines up with my gifts and my purpose. Something that is good.

See--keep my eyes open! When I pause and truly open my eyes, I can see Him at work. I can see the blessings He's already given me. I can see how the closed doors and open doors are directing my path.

Already begun--I don't have to wait for it to begin. It's already begun. I don't have to think, "Some day something good will begin." No, it's begun.

Make a pathway--This reminds me that He has gone before me. He is making crooked places straight. I don't have to struggle for the pathway. It's already done.

Wilderness--More about this at the end of the post.

Create rivers--create. He created it all, and He can create something from nothing. It's not my creativity that will solve my problems and make a way for me. It's His.

This verse refers to the wilderness and the dry wasteland. In the wilderness, we wander around confused, afraid, unsure of where to go and what to do. In the dry wasteland, we experience lack, thirst, and longing.

It's such a relief to be reminded that I don't have to figure it all out. I don't have to marinate endlessly on my problems, wondering how to solve them. The right ideas, opportunities, and people await me. He is doing a new thing. I do see it.

If you're in the wilderness right now, if you're in a dry wasteland, it may seem as if nothing good can come out of it. It may seem as if there is no solution to your problem, and no way out. If you're in that dark place, I encourage you to read this over and over again. Pray over it. See what is revealed to you.

Something new is happening for you. Do you see it?

Until next time...


No comments: